Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"Socially inept" is not a excuse

The extent of some people's rudeness just really amazes me sometimes. I'm sitting at the IDS desk (which isn't usually busy at all), reading my book, when all of a sudden I hear this extremely loud, extremely obnoxious fake cough. I look up to see two people standing in front of me, waiting to be helped; there was a guy right in front of me but I knew it was the girl behind him with the unfortunate tickle in her throat because she was snickering immaturely. So naturally I raised my eyebrows and gave them both death stares, and the guy looked apologetic on the girl's behalf and was super-polite when I gave him his books.

I just wanted to be like, "Really? Really?" to that girl though, ESPECIALLY because she was wearing a 'Reference Help' shirt (meaning she works here, too). The lengths some people will go to in order to be as obnoxious as humanly possible is quite astounding. I pride myself on my self-control when saying that I did not reach across the counter to slap her in the face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like someone needs to have late fees mysteriously appear on their file.

Anonymous said...

good for you meg
more control than I have.
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!
<333 Cait