Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grrrrr.

There is a "special weather statement" for upstate New York. And I quote:
...WIDESPREAD FROST AND LOCALIZED FREEZING TEMPERATURES EXPECTED OVERNIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING... AN UNSEASONABLY COLD AIR MASS WILL SETTLE OVER THE REGION OVERNIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL MAKE CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR THE FORMATION OF WIDESPREAD FROST LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING ACROSS ALL OF WESTERN AND CENTRAL NEW YORK. THE FROST WILL OCCUR MAINLY BETWEEN 2 AM AND 9 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING AS TEMPERATURES FALL INTO THE LOWER 30S. SOME OF THE NORMALLY COLDER INTERIOR SECTIONS COULD EXPERIENCE TEMPERATURES IN THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 20S.

I didn't include the part warning farmers about sensitive vegetation and the growing season. Tomorrow is the last day of April . . . right?

In other news, I didn't place in the writing competition. I'm in one of those moods where I feel like everything I write is absolute crap; the contest results didn't help much. I should be getting my paper from Critical Reading back tomorrow, and I know my Chancery Cursive plate is graded so I'll be receiving that in calligraphy. If I don't do well, I think I may hitchhike out of town on a beet truck or something. Also, today was the first day all semester that I didn't hand in an assignment on time . . . it's so frustrating to have broken that streak.

I'm just frustrated in general. Home, please.

No comments: