Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

I'm trying to think of a good metaphor for this shift at work. I am at the laptop desk--my favorite place, as most of you know--and seriously, the SECOND I sit down someone comes up to the desk. I get up, help them, resettle myself with my book and VOILA, another person magically appears with a dead battery. It's to the point where I'm getting passive-agressive; I'll snatch the person's card from them but then be really friendly. Yes, I realize I am sick.

Side note: bad pick-up lines just make me laugh a LOT.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BL-
please share some "bad pickup lines" with us all - so that we may laugh alot as well!

cici

Anonymous said...

Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes.
;)

MEP said...

Oh, baby! I didn't post any specifics to avoid hurting anyone's feelings, but suffice to say that maybe I should've. The art of subtlety seems to be lost on our generation.

Unknown said...

How about: I hope I have my library card ... 'cause I am TOTALLY checking you out!

(I figured that one was appropriate for your workplace.)

:)