Friday, April 4, 2008

Geneseo student in April: "Hey, have you seen my scarf?"

So I'm going through old documents I've saved on my computer and just organizing and reading things I haven't looked at in weeks/months/years (I've had my computer that long?!) . . . . it's an interesting process.

Often times when I'm sitting in a public place with my laptop, I'll eavesdrop on conversations and type out any particularly amusing ones . . . here are a few I stumbled upon just now:

My grandfather, sitting in our car at the beach: I went to Pete’s house eh, last Sunday, and his mother-in-law was there; he said she lost weight but I can’t figure out where—I still can’t get my arms around her!

Girl using the common room stove, after being asked why she was using oil to fry her egg: Because you're frying it, dorkus! It tastes mad (expletive)ing good! We take that yellow shit out, and it cooks when the white gets (expletive)ed up.

People are so funny. I would totally create an "Overheard in Geneseo" blog, but it wouldn't be very entertaining because chances are, you'd know who said the stupid thing and just lament the fact that you did.

No comments: