Friday, March 14, 2008

When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie

Funny story: I'm in the middle of writing a short story for class tomorrow, and Katy and I decided we were hungry so we called Mia's to have a pizza delivered. After hanging up, Katy laughed and made a joke about how I referred to the order as a 'pie' rather than a 'pizza,' because apparently that's a Long Island thing. Anyways, she likes to eat pizza with bleu cheese dressing, so I called back to ask if they could put some on the side, and a different guy picked up the phone. He asked for my name and what I'd ordered, so I told him I'd gotten a large pie.

He responded with a confused "WHAT?" and I repeated myself, not realizing the perceived misnomer for a few seconds. When I did, though, I was just like, "A PIZZA. A large PIZZA," and he replied, "Oh! Yeah, sure, I can do that!"

Teasing ensued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it makes sense to me-
if you were asking for a "slice" of course it is a slice of pie !!!

that guy needs to go back to school :)