Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No, you may NOT borrow a laptop

Just once I would love to deny someone a laptop just for the heck of it, responding with a blunt "NO" when they asked to borrow one. I often wonder about the parallel universes in which I never hold back the things I'm thinking; I imagine I wouldn't have many friends in any of them. Heh.

For example: yesterday some girl checked out a book from the Course Reserves, and she asked me if she could make copies from it. I pointed to the copy machines and was like, "Well, sure, right over there," and she looked at me like I was crazy. She repeated the question and asked me if I knew what she was talking about, and I asked if she was worried about copyrights in making photocopies of it and she gave me this face . . . I almost burst out laughing because I knew we were both thinking that the person on the other side of the counter was a complete idiot. I still have no idea what she was trying to ask me, but I'd like to think I wasn't being the dumb one.

Time to shelve picture books!

No comments: