Saturday, March 8, 2008

The implications of a snowstorm

This afternoon I woke up to hear freezing rain bouncing off the window screen with little ping pang noises; it was lovely just to lay in bed and listen to it, not feeling obliged to get up and do anything at all. The feeling was bittersweet, though--the weather prevented Michal from driving up today to visit, and while I'm glad she isn't attempting to make the trip by herself, I really wish I'd gotten to see her. We're postponing 'til next week--I'm going home on Saturday afternoon, so either that night or the next day we'll meet up before she goes back to Israel on Monday.

Sigh.

On the bright side, Double Feature Power Hour takes the air waves by storm again tonight; hopefully the weather will keep at least some people in, and maybe a handful of them will listen to the radio. Just a few listeners is all we need. I want so very much to give away some glow sticks.

I wish I'd gotten a copy of the assignment for creative writing; I'm in such a mood to write right now. Maybe that mood extends to essay writing as well, in which case I could get a start on the anthropology due Tuesday . . . hmm.

Jack Johnson always makes me feel like my mind is slowly rocking back and forth in a hammock. Between that and the fact that I'm warm and sated despite what's going on outside, my existence is like a slow exhale at the moment. It's a nice change.

No comments: