Monday, March 17, 2008

Things that are wonderful about home:

  • Walking around the house looking like Bellatrix Lestrange fresh out of Azkaban and not feeling obliged to appear otherwise
  • Practicing calligraphy without having to clear the contents of my desk onto the floor nor Swiffer the tile in order to find workable space
  • Waking up to find a cat curled in the niche of my bent arm
  • Hugging the coastline along the harbor while driving
  • Starbucks twice a day, just because I can
  • "Welcome Home" signs from Keira hidden all around my room
  • Being with my favorite women in the world
  • Erin pretending to grudgingly try on her prom dress eight million times while knowing she relishes each modeling session
  • Spending time with old friends
  • Singing and not wearing flip flops in the shower
  • Tea and Irish soda bread
  • Feeling like I belong somewhere

1 comment:

Blythe said...

I drive on Shore every single time I'm home. That road pretty much sums up everything I love about Long Island.