Monday, March 10, 2008

I will surely have carpal tunnel before long

is for calligraphy, or the past seven hours of my life. I wish I were exaggerating. I had to make versals, which are the decorative block letters (like the C to the left) that appear in the beginning of storybooks and whatever. I won't lie, it was fun.

Until I ripped a hole in my project, that is. It's not huge, and it didn't damage the letters themselves, and I refuse to make another. I think the grand total is seven drafts.

The class is really interesting; I love working on something with my hands, as it's a creative endeavor that doesn't involve a whole lot of brainpower. The change of pace is nice. However, I go a little off-the-wall when I can't get things perfect and end up spending hours and hours copying the same monologue from Macbeth . . . then begin to think of all the other things I'm not getting done because of calligraphy.

Funnily enough, I'm ready for my classes tomorrow, which means I can go to sleep before 2 on a weeknight for the first time in a while. Yesssss.

No comments: