Thursday, February 21, 2008

Serenade me with sheep's guts

We all have our weird ways of dealing with stuff. Some people exercise, others go driving. My mom moves furniture. I take epically long showers. You could look at it metaphorically, I guess . . . washing troubles away, etc. etc. Anyways, after posting last night I took a forty minute shower, during which time I departmentalized everything that was bothering me, categorizing problems into things I have control over and things that I don't.

It was quite effective.

I'm currently in love with Fruit Bats; they make me wish I could set words to music. Or at least be able to shoddily play guitar or something. Speaking of guitars . . .

"Is it not strange that sheeps' guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"
-
Benedick, Much Ado About Nothing

He was referring to the strings of a lute or guitar or whatever they played in Shakespeare's time; they used to be made out of sheep intestine. God, I love Shakespeare.

1 comment:

Blythe said...

I take really long showers, too! I think it's because in the shower, no one will bother you, and you can be truly alone. A major plus when living in a dorm!

I hope everything is better now!