Saturday, February 16, 2008

Those numbers can sing!

Oh, dinosaur comics. Have you ever heard of synesthesia? I wonder how I'd feel if I had it . . . do you think it'd be bothersome? Wikipedia says that most people think the sensations are either "pleasant or neutral," so I shouldn't even be curious because Wikipedia is ALWAYS RIGHT. Heh. Seriously, though, you'd have the most vivid imagination ever. I wonder what the effect would be if a colorblind person had synesthesia . . . music in grayscale?

The next time someone tells you they think the pattern on your shirt is "pretty loud," keep in mind that maybe they mean it literally.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

YEAH YEAH! I read about that a few years ago, about how vinyl has a really rich burgundy sound to it while CDs have a colder greener sound I believe. I am tres jealous.

Also I thought you would appreciate this quote from There Will Be Blood

Eli Sunday: Get OUT of here, ghost!