Thursday, February 14, 2008

Caffeinated love

Today is one of those days where everything is felt more acutely from lack of sleep. Last night I could not concentrate on my work for some reason or another, so instead I just sat at my computer while my mind kept buzzing until I threw in the towel around 2:30.

Cue twisted logic:

I set three alarms on my phone: one for 4:15, another for 4:25, and a third for 4:30. It seemed like a good idea . . . power nap for two hours and then spend four finishing a paper and studying s'more for astronomy! Yeah!

No. 4:15, 4:25, and 4:30 came and went, and I woke up at 7:30 instead. Everything got done and I think I did pretty well on my test . . . so all's well that ends well.

Anyways. As far as feeling things more acutely goes, I felt like my heart was sending me Morse code all morning because I didn't have anything but coffee . . . skippy skip skipping all over the place . . . I guess you could argue that caffeine was my Valentine, making my heart all a-flutter.

Well, THAT love is totally requited.

I miss home, s0 I'm going to Starbucks tomorrow. It's the next best thing.

No comments: