Monday, February 11, 2008

Frozen fingers, frozen brain

I can't even express to you how cold it is here. During the summer, my friend Margaret was telling me about a week last winter when you couldn't go out unless your face was covered . . . before today, whenever it seemed unbearably frigid here I'd just remember what she said and think, "Well, at least it's not that bad . . ."

It's that bad.

Unfortunately, my crazy logic is beginning to kick in, which goes as follows:
1. It is painfully cold outside.
2. Pain is one of those things that should be avoided.
3. It would be in the school's best interest to avoid putting its students in pain.
THUS . . .
4. Classes should be canceled tomorrow.

I feel like I'm in grade school again, checking my email every two seconds to see if this conceived notion has come to term. It hasn't. It won't. There will be class tomorrow, and I will be exhausted for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

know that it is me calling you at 9:15, :30, :35, :40....shall I send you a ski mask? love you MJ