Sunday, September 21, 2008

Will work for . . . fun?

For those of you who don't already know, I was laid off at the library last week along with the other temp service employees due to budget cuts. My consolation has been the fact that they lost one of their better employees; I know how to use the fax machine no-problem, I am a Library of Congress shelving guru, and--big shocker--I'm nice to people.

So anyways, I am presently sitting upstairs in the library trying to catch up on work I missed while deathly ill last week and concurrently feeling a little nostalgic and really bad for Milne Library. There are stray books all over the place and when I went to sign out a power cord for my laptop, I had to tell the kid working where to find it and then remind him to give back my ID card.

I have the sincerest urge to just grab a cart and start organizing and reshelving, but I have a hazelnut coffee and an unwritten paper in front of me.

Again, their loss.

No comments: