Sunday, September 28, 2008

Keeping tabs on Mr. Sun

The World Sunlight Map is now the first website I check upon opening my web browser. It shows the cloud cover and sunlight over the entire planet at the moment you look at it; by viewing it right now I can tell you that the sun is setting on the eastern coast of South America and that tomorrow's sun has already risen in half of Australia. I know that if Michal were to look up this second there would be no clouds in her Israeli night sky. How amazing is that?

It weirds me out a little bit, though, because seeing the progression of sunlight makes the passing of days so very tangible . . . part of me always wants to push the darkness back to the east and extend time. What would I need to bribe the sun with for a little more weekend?

No comments: