Sunday, September 7, 2008

Snippets of home life

Today was the first real test for me as far as being away from home again is concerned and I believe I passed with flying colors:

Last night I went to bed before eleven because today needed to be a productive day. I woke up before ten and was able to go to the 10:15 mass as opposed to the 5:30 I usually attend. Church is probably what reminds me most of home here because it is very clearly a family activity. Anyways, I was there by myself and this family of four was sitting in front of me being adorable and such and I observed them without feeling sad.

After dinner, I was shooting around at the courts when this man and his young son and daughter show up. All of the baskets were taken except for one with a crooked rim, so I invited them to play at mine. We talked and played and the kids asked me a bunch of questions about school and invited me to live at their house and it was completely cute. The important thing, though, was that I felt content and happy with the fact that I was in a situation that reminded me so very much of playing basketball with Erin and my dad instead of wishing I were home doing so.

Anyways, I feel like both situations are indicative of how well the semester is going so far. Hall council elections were tonight . . . we'll see what happens.

No comments: