Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Maybe 'Socks' would've been a better name for the cat

After an few uncertain days, Ginny and I are now on excellent footing. I arrived home Thursday night, relieved that Jamila (the anthurium) made it home safely in the car, only to find her waxy pink flower and broad leaves completely demolished when I woke up in the morning.

The tooth punctures in the remaining bit of the flower gave Ginny away.

She even ate the entire pistil.

Despite the fact that she is merely a house plant, I defended Jamila's raggedy self by holding a grudge against Ginny for a few days. She fully redeemed herself about five minutes ago, though, when she crawled under my blanket and curled up on top of my frozen feet.

True fact: keep my feet warm and I will love you forever.

I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens right now and imagining the pair of fuzzy socks he undoubtedly keeps with him, waiting for the day we meet* so he can give them to me.

*Meet = get hitched.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haaaa! egg you are ridiculo.