Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cars, trains, and aeroplanes

I just watched a video posted on Coldplay's website and tried to express my feelings about it here, but it just didn't work and I ended up erasing everything I'd written. Watch it and you'll understand what I mean.

Since voicing political observations is fruitless, here's a social observation! Today I had to drive to Ocean Avenue to pick up an order for East End, and had to stop to let a train go by when I was going through Ronkonkoma. Later, I was driving back east on the Expressway when I saw a plane fly directly in front of me on its way to Islip. It was just a weird thing to see different forms of transit even while moving myself from point A to point B; even weirder was when I thought about what would happen if everyone just stopped.

Only in dreams, I suppose.

No comments: