Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sometimes I forget deadlines and spam the department

Tonight during English Club we finalized the accepted content for the year's literary magazine. I didn't really expect that the one piece I submitted two minutes before the deadline would get in, but lo and behold! It did. During discussion for my piece (submissions are blind, so nobody knew who the writers were), a friend said it was a social commentary or something like that and it struck me as funny . . . it's really just a laundry list of things that give me the same feeling of discomforting embarrassment as a person I used to know. The discrepancy between a reader's perspective and a writer's intent (or lack thereof) continues to amuse me.

Note to self: be more organized with submission deadlines come next February.

In other English Club news, I made flyers for the tee shirt fundraiser to hang around Welles tomorrow. The design:

simile is like awesome

It says 'Geneseo English' underneath that, and the money goes towards producing the magazine. Anyways, after making the flyers I typed up an email to send to the majors and minors in the department about the sale . . . unfortunately, I forgot that I was logged into my personal email account instead of English Club's, so I ended up sending two identical emails to the listserv--one from my account, and one from the club. My bad.

No comments: