Thursday, March 26, 2009

A pre-Easter resurrection

I'm happy to say that the season with a reason has begun and the Jesus sandals are back in action. For those of you that haven't met (or smelled) them, they are a pair of leather sandals I've been wearing for about three years. At the moment they are being held together with duct tape that needs to be replaced; the bottoms of my feet are tacky with residual glue from tape that's fallen off. Anyways, my mother has been trying to get rid of them for quite a while but as Biblical history has already shown, the Jesus sandals will always resurrect themselves. I don't think I need to explain the name--suffice it to say that one may very well have worn them while walking down the road to Damascus.

Other than that, I'm just bracing myself for a busy few weeks . . . registration begins soon and I have to decide which classes to take next semester and which class to take this summer at Stony Brook. It's all quite exciting until I remember the work that comes along with it.

No comments: