Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ha ha happy Tuesday

I'm glad that my protestations that productivity will certainly increase when the weather gets warmer are true: the weather is beautiful and I have gotten so much work done today! Things are good.

I read the entirety of Roddy Doyle's Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha in about two days; I finished it this morning. It was the first time in a while that I felt emotionally invested in a book and it was wonderful. Whenever I read something really good, I'll find that my thoughts are narrated in the same tone as the book for a few days--longevity usually indicating how much I loved it. Right now everything is still tinged with the observational quality of a ten-year-old boy. Regardless, I can say with confidence that I still don't find poop jokes funny--the book was really good, but not that good.

1 comment:

Jill said...

i do the same thing after reading books - like if i just finished chuck palanhiuk all my thoughts are really intense and crazy for the next couple of days.