Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Laptop desk, I haven't missed you much

First day of classes. I'm working at the library's laptop desk, and it's fairly quiet. I'm being nice to everyone. Things are good. It's strange, having a 'first day' in the middle of the winter, as I've always equated early fall as a time for new beginnings. I like the change; I feel like the new year will be more significant from now on because now there's opportunity to start fresh instead of just getting a week off and going back to the same high school inanity you left. This semester is far more relaxed than last, which I know will make it easier for me to do well. I love being back.

It's snowing, if you were wondering.

There's an older man speaking with someone over at the writing center who sounds just like Kermit the Frog. I want to go shake his hand. What do you call frog appendages? I know that all four are legs, so do they just have four feet? I guess that's it. Google, what do you have to say?


Okay, so they can be called arms. Which means that if the guy was, in fact, Kermit, I could technically go shake his hand.

That was a stupid train of thought. I've hit the ground running this semester, obv. Le sigh.

No comments: