Monday, January 14, 2008

Coming and Going

No snow day today; there was a dusting of what looked like powdered sugar on the lawn when I woke up. It's moments like that when I feel happiest to be out of high school.

So after I woke up, I walked into the bathroom to find Ginny curled up on her bed next to a giant nest of shredded toilet paper that she unfurled from the roller . . . I was wondering how long it'd take her to figure that one out. I'm still not completely used to having a cat; I think she prefers Erin because Erin isn't afraid to get clawed or bitten. I, on the other hand, just want her to curl up next to me and allow me to pet her. If I were a cat, that's what I'd do, but no. She'd rather bounce off the walls like a small child with ADD. Oh, Ginny.

I'm starting to itch to get back to Geneseo. Dynamics at home are starting to change again . . . I felt really out of place when I got home because all of a sudden, my mom and Erin had more of the buddy relationship that used to define myself and my mom, so I felt a bit displaced. Now that I've been home, though, it's starting to shift back which means that there's more bickering and general craziness. So yeah.

I'm meeting a few friends later on; Caitlin is going back to school tomorrow so we're going to say goodbye. It's likely we won't see each other until the semester ends in May, which is more than a little depressing. I'm usually fine with having to say goodbye, though, if I know when I'll see a person again. It's the uncertainty of indefinite partings that really gets to me. Too bad I can't take everyone I love and make them pocket-sized like Mike Teevee in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, that way I'd never be without them.

Sigh.

No comments: