Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm listening . . . er, reading

I'm becoming a terrible updater, but the good thing is that it is not due to lack of stories. To be honest, I was a little bit taken aback last time I logged in because an anonymous person had commented on a post I'd written after the anti-homosexual protest in a somewhat accusatory way. I didn't quite know what to say because a) my beliefs were challenged, which honestly hasn't ever happened to me before, and b) it was done in a pretty senseless manner. So when I saw it late Thursday night while curled up in my bed at home (I flew there for the long weekend), I just didn't know quite how to react. The conclusion I've come to, though, is that I'm glad my opinions can elicit some sort of reaction from a person I don't even know . . . because isn't that the whole point of putting my ideas out there in the first place?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that while it's uncomfortable to be told that I'm wrong or that my beliefs or ideas are not shared by everyone else, I like the challenge because it makes me think about the whys hiding behind everything. My hit counter just surpassed a thousand views so I know that someone is reading this--hey, you! Tell me if you disagree with me! Argue (nicely)! Let's question stuff together.

In unrelated news, I am finding it extremely difficult to not pick up every beautiful fiery-colored leaf I see on the ground, as they are in boundless supply. It is a test of my self-control.

No comments: