Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Harrowing mistakes and lost eyeballs

Today, I sent an email to the members of English Club about tonight's meeting. After logging out of the EC account and back into my own, I realized that the bold-face subject in my inbox read "First meeting of the semseter!!"

It really shouldn't cause me this much distress, but I've been fighting the urge to send a follow-up email that acknowledges the lapse in my usually excellent spelling for about an hour. The online community is doubtlessly judging my incompetence at this very moment. I HATE TYPOS.

In other news, classes began yesterday and already I have 125 pages of reading due tomorrow for a class on the ethnography of Southeast Asia. I think the professor is trying to scare the modest class of nine away--he mentioned at least ten times in the 40 minute introduction to the class yesterday that "probably none of you will want to come back, I'll be shocked if there are half of you here on Thursday." I've already bought the twelve books ("You will read until your eyes fall out this semester," he told us), though, so perhaps to his dismay there will be at least one student in class tomorrow.

Maybe if my eyes do, indeed, fall out, I'll have an excuse for future spelling mistakes in the emails I send.

4 comments:

you-know-who said...

YESSSS BLOG!!!!!

also, that's hilarious. your professor sure has a way with words. and i'm sure your english fellows will attribute your spelling error (if they notice it) to exuberance. and how could they fault you for that?

Little Feet said...

Is that Judkins?! If so, never fear. He does that with every class he teaches because he likes small classes. It gets easier once people drop. Crazy guy.

Anonymous said...

i hope Little Feet is right on this .... You will not look as cute with one less eyeball. cici

Lis Sis said...

i sure hope your' eyes don't fall out, because then you can't help me with all of my DBQ's!! Then again, your up at college, and I'll just have to call you on your cell...in that case, let's hope your' ears don't fall out as well!!!