Monday, May 11, 2009

The view from the couch

Julie, John and I were sitting on the couches in Muddy Waters earlier (I'm still here, they left) when we began to notice a man sitting nearby look up to watch us every few minutes while drawing in a sketch pad . . . turns out he was drawing Julie and I as anime characters. He didn't show us the work in progress; instead, Julie walked behind him to check while getting coffee. After a few hours of drawing, he just got up and left. I regret not getting to see myself in cartoon form. Sigh.

I'm still sitting in the same spot as I was when I got here at ten o'clock, but now my professor for Irish literature is sitting on a chair across from me reading term papers. I don't want to look up, but I really want to know if he's reading the one I turned in this morning. The suspense is killing me.

Alright. Back to work. I'm wrapping up the third of five two-page essays on economic inequality for tomorrow. When I finish the fourth, I get another coffee break. Type, type, type. Good thing this couch is comfortable.

1 comment:

julie said...

Sometimes I come back and read this just to laugh about it again :) Ohh, Muddy Waters!