Sunday, February 22, 2009

When you're here, you're God's family

Disaster has struck! For the past few months, there has been ongoing construction at a site in Geneseo that I heard was going to become an Olive Garden--exciting news for our little Podunk town. Lately the building has started to take shape; the roof arched the same way as every other chain restaurant and it looked like an Olive Garden until a steeple appeared on the roof. IT'S GOING TO BE A CHURCH. I know the whole transubstantiation deal means endless body and blood of Christ, but I was really looking forward to the endless salad and breadsticks.

Katy and I decided that we're going to keep knocking the steeple off the roof until they relent and give us our Olive Garden. Anyone looking to join the cause?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am agast at your proposed plan!
on a Sunday no less!
I got to thinking ......
Baskin Robbins shares their store front with Dunkin Donuts...maybe the Church will share their space with the O.G.??
let us pray :)