Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hooooo-boy!

Alright, this is it . . . I'm working on my last paper of the semester, which is due tomorrow morning in my Woody Guthrie class. As I told John earlier, the only thought keeping me productive is the fact that if I don't finish this paper on hobos, I will likely become one. I'm using hobo songs to talk about their lifestyles and impact on American history and culture; it's honestly really interesting stuff but I am just so darn sick of writing papers. All I can think about is tomorrow at 10:20, at which point I will put down my pencil and do absolutely no work for the entire weekend simply on principle.

This picture was one of the first search results when I did a Google ImageSearch of 'hobo' . . . sorry if it's slightly offensive, but I had to attach it. I laughed for a good minute when I saw it, which may or may not indicate sleep deprivation. Back to banjos and bindles.

Post script: a bindle is that bundle of stuff on the end of a stick that you always associate with hobos. All I can say is that there better be a "HOBO TRIVIA" category when I'm a contestant on Jeopardy! one of these days.

No comments: